Wednesday 29 April 2020

BACK IN THE COVID - The Lockdown Diary Day 3

BACK IN THE COVID

DAY 3.



 

You could say that logic has been my profession. An old fashioned university degree in Digital Electronic Technology, Computer Science and Software has trained me to be hyper sensitive to lies, the Daily Wail, the Daily Distress, fuckery and bullshit generally and anything illogical. I am profoundly troubled at the moment about things that seem illogical. There is so much that is not being explained well if at all. Government is saying the opposite of their own experts. They are, so they say, acting to protect the NHS and vulnerable people but have spent 11 years neglecting and underfunding it. They are conniving towards a no-deal Brexit in which the vulnerable will greatly suffer and are refusing all co-operation with the Europeans when cooperation could have seriously beneficial consequences for all of us (ventilators, vaccine technology, travel restrictions not to mention the fact that more than half of our daily needs are supplied through Dover!). There is more than a whiff of hypocrisy. Political face-saving it seems is more important to the government than life saving.

We have four days of glorious sunshine ahead some of which radiated so well from my palette that I took a photograph of it for you. Signed, limited edition prints are available for December deliveries.
 
My plan for Day 4 is to check out if my Online Tesco account still works on the basis that if Tesco can deliver stuff I put my family to less risk by not needing to ask anyone to shop for us. Preparatory work for my Lovers comes next and then I mow my tiny little patch of grass (I have reduced the lawn to a path) and I mix up a batch of concrete and finish building my garden steps.

My gilding has been completed and my “lovers” are ready to be painted. We are nearing the final stages. Here is a little preview.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment